Gecko, the real one

Inspired by the ideas here and some expansions (like "Gecko society is the only society where you will die when you try to wank yourself .... your hand is full of super glue, for gods sake don't put it down there") I was looking for a pedant with a gecko on it. Just as a reminder of the fun of it.
And didn't find anything.


However, just after my birthday, I got the option to make one as a birthday present for myself with some help at Vana Karu Valukoda in Tartu.
It took most of one day to carve it out from wax (including the first wax gecko that I messed up ... he lost too many fingers and toes during the process and a part of the tail. You can see it on the first pic)

For gods sake. I just got a block of wax and had to carve it out in 3D with a saw and a small scalpel.
Not so easy.


So the second gecko I made had only one missing finger (improvement there), that was added back by local experts, who also added the big round eyes. Now all I had to do was to wait until they turn the wax into metal.

And now, a month later I am holding it in my hands. My self made metal gecko.

Here a pic I made: 
 



And here is the pic made by the Valukoda 


Hahaaa, cool, isn't it?

And since the visit in Tartu I have been carving a lot of more things,with my small inexperienced hands, and I love it.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

kriba kriba