A day after the festival

I'm standing, sleepless, in front of my apartment building, having a cigarette. Two late joggers being the only people I see. A few cars are passing by on nearby street - I do not see them but I can hear the sound.
The whole world seems empty.  Dead.

"It is not really so late, there should be more people," I think to myself. I had become so used to the the busy streets of London and the friendly faces of improvisers that it was a terrifying sight to see no-one.

No people.

I notice how this observation makes me quite sad.
Quite sad and lonely indeed.

I know there are  lot of great people in the world, but for this moment, there is just me and my cigarette and I feel that I am not yet ready to face the world alone.

It's getting windy.

Most likely it will rain soon, as gray clouds are slowly filling the sky.

I am still sleepless - the price you pay for jet-lag, time difference, traveling in night-time and random power-napping on the go.

While feeling sad, lonely and sleepless, I also start to remember how it feels to be Estonian...

...and I smile.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

kriba kriba