Awkward is what we do

It was not too long ago when I did all I could not to look stupid, silly or somehow strange. And I failed, miserably, even when I was committed to it.

I was not authentic, instead I tried to meet the (self made up) expectations of family, friends, colleagues and random people.

Obviously you cannot meet every-ones expectations, because:
* First of all, you do not know what they are - you are only assuming
* Secondly they might be conflicting
* Thirdly - most likely they even don't think about it as much as you think they do



Worrying all the time about what others think about you does not make you a better person, instead it makes you less authentic and more depressed, because you are aiming to fail. You have a impossible task.

However when you are authentic, it is more easy to accept that you do not meet every ones expectations, that's just how life is - you cannot please everybody. But you can aim to please yourself. 

Life is messy.

We are imperfect.

Awkward is what we do

...but at least we can do it while enjoying it.


Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

kriba kriba